david evans and associates
DEA is currently seeking a Hydrographic Technician to be assigned to our Gulfport, MS office. This individual will travel to other locations and work aboard the survey vessel Blake to support hydrographic projects. As a Hydrographic Technician your responsibilities will be diverse and will include assisting DEA hydrographers in conducting single beam, multibeam, and side scan sonar surveys. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to data acquisition aboard survey vessels, trailering vessels, maintaining safe and efficient operations, equipment maintenance, maintaining accurate survey logs, data processing and other duties as directed by hydrographers.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's basic concepts, practices and procedures to the completion of assignments.
- Project experience in land or hydrographic surveying
- Generally will have 1 or more years of relevant experience.
- Good communication skills
- Valid driving license with clean driving record
- Must be detail oriented, team player, safety conscious, and able to manage multiple work assignments
- Ability to safely haul, maneuver, and back trailers
- Boating and nautical skills and hold, or ability to obtain, state boating license
- Ability to perform physical labor to support offshore operations
- Ability to travel and work 12 hour shifts aboard a vessel for a 20 day duration
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
- Bachelor's degree in Geomatics, Marine Science or related science field
- USCG license
- Project experience with multibeam or single beam hydrographic surveys
- Familiar with NOAA and USACE standards for the conduct of hydrographic surveys
- Experience with Hypack, CARIS HIPS and Chesapeake SonarWiz software
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)