Book Keeper / Accountant
J.W. Puckett & Co., Inc
12284 Intraplex Parkway
$35,000.00 - $50,000.00 year
We are looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts, payroll and payments.
Bookkeeper job duties include working closely with our staff to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments. Our ideal candidate holds a Finance degree (preferably followed by accounting CPE courses) and is familiar with accounting software packages, like Excel , Microsoft Word and Pro Computer / View Point.
Ultimately, the Bookkeeper’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company.
Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm ( can be flexible) will discuss at interview.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage
- Perform partial checks of the posting process
- Complete tax forms
- Enter data, maintain records and financial statements
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration (Desired but not required)
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.