Travel Required: None
Public Trust: NACI (T1)
Requisition Type: Regular
GDIT is looking for a Part-time Accounts Receivable Account Maintainer to join the Accounts Receivable team located at the NASA Shared Services Center. This position will perform work related to consolidated billing, collection and closeout services for NASA reimbursable and non-reimbursable accounts receivable.
Introduction: Serves as an accounting clerk performing specialized technical work on the accounts receivable team for the Financial Services organization. Staff performs consolidated billing, collection and closeout services for reimbursable and non-reimbursable accounts. Work includes preparation and processing of financial accounting documents, financial account management, and providing advice and guidance to customers, subordinate staff and NASA personnel to ensure prompt and accurate transaction management and financial record-keeping in compliance with governing laws and regulations.
Responsibilities & Duties:
As senior/experienced accounting technician, uses education and in-depth or broad knowledge of accounting, budget or other financial management regulations, practices, and policies to perform complex technical work. Typical work includes the following:
- Maintains journals or subsidiary ledgers of an accounting system and balances and reconciles accounts.
- Reviews invoices and statements verifying information, ensuring sufficient funds have been obligated, and if questionable, resolving with the submitting unit determining accounts involved.
- Codes transactions, and processes material through data processing for application in the accounting system.
- Analyzes and reconciles records and financial system data. Contacts units, researches causes of discrepancies, and takes action to ensure that accounts balance.
Qualifications & Skills:
- High school graduate and some college coursework required plus significant work experience
- In-depth practical knowledge of accounting, budget or other financial management regulations, practices, and policies to perform complex technical work.
- Knowledge and skills to use a variety of PC-based computers, financial and accounting software programs using standard off the shelf applications and core financial software, applications and products to perform complex accounting technician work.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.Job Requirements: