Residential Aide/ Case Manager
136 Pine Grove Avenue
Job title: Residential Aide/Case Manager
Provide and coordinate services needed to maintain the day-to-day operations of the shelter. This position requires the Residential Aide/ Case Manager to reside at the shelter.
- Completion of intake forms, reading and reviewing House Rules, and Release of Information Forms to residents, and obtaining resident signature on forms.
- Provide and Maintain accurate computer and/or written records of resident’s activities pertaining to health, welfare, and job searches.
- Attend Seminars and meetings to continue education and maintain network in the community.
- Maintain accurate records for ALL donations received.
- Conduct house tours of the shelter and dispense information to the public.
- Maintain resident confidentiality.
- Maintain household records and sometimes assist in resolving residential disputes.
- Exercise their communication skills by dealing directly with residents’ problems and by addressing concerns on a daily basis. Converse with residents to reinforce positive behaviors and to promote social interaction.
- Foster a cooperative atmosphere in the house by encouraging residents to be tolerant and respectful of other residents and their property.
- Create and supervise house events and programs to help create a sense of camaraderie and add to overall community living experience.
- Complete written work order requests for maintenance needs. Report any immediate safety hazards to executive board and/or property committee chairperson.
High School graduate or equivalent required. An Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in human service area is preferred.
Two years casework experience with a social service agency (public or non-profit) preferable.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must pass background criminal check and drug test.
- Must have a valid Mississippi Driver’s License, own automobile and have automobile insurance.
- Competency on computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheet and database applications and ability to use such applications in daily administration of the shelter and of client data.
- A genuine concern for homeless persons.
- Empathy for and understanding of problems, limitations and needs of the homeless.
- An ability to effectively communicate and network with other agencies and the general public.
- An ability to analyze socio-economic conditions, and identify unmet needs of those served on both micro- and macro basis.
- An awareness of various assistance programs and entitlements available to the homeless and displaced populations.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.