Class A Dump Truck Driver Featured
Warren Paving, Inc.
11211 Reichold Rd
Warren Paving, Inc. is seeking an individual for a Class A Dump Truck Driver position in the Gulfport, MS area. The successful candidate for this role will have an uncompromising focus on safety excellence and will have responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
- Drives truck equipped with dump body to transport and dump loose materials such as sand, gravel, crushed rock, or bituminous paving materials.
- Checks vehicle to ensure it is safe to operate.
- Checks tires, headlights, marker lights, stop lights and turn signals.
- Checks engine oil, power steering fluid, coolant level, fan belts and windshield wipers.
- Operates vehicle in a safe and professional manner regardless of location, speed limit, and traffic.
- Obeys State and Federal trucking laws.
- Exhibits "defensive" driving skills.
- Obeys weight limit when loading truck.
- Keeps floorboards, stepping areas, and hand holds free of trash, grease, rags or other obstructions that hinder operation.
- Operates control for tarping load and strapping tarp.
- Tarps all loads regardless of material being hauled.
- Operates bed controls for raising/lowering of dump bed.
- Operates control for raising and lowering of third axle.
- Hooks and adjusts tailgate spreader chains for tailgating material.
- Manually cleans (using a scraper and/or shovel) tailgate and apron after unloading. Keeps inside of bed clean of buildup of materials.
- Monitors dash gauges (oil, temperature, air, tachometer, speedometer, amperage and pyrometer).
- Monitors conditions to the sides and rear of vehicle by means of the rear-view mirrors and spot mirrors.
- Constantly monitors company radio for change of assignment and dispatch.
- Submits daily logs that comply with Company, State and Federal Regulations.
- Completes and submits a daily truck report.
- Inspects vehicle for defects and notifies management of said defects on Driver Daily Report. Does not drive vehicle with known defect that could cause injury or property damage.
- The Dump Truck Driver position requires an extreme amount of body movement and some manual labor including, but not limited to leg movement, engaging/disengaging clutch, depressing brake pedal and accelerator, and climbing onto bed; wrist and arm movement, changing gears, steering of vehicle and operating of controls; neck movement, moves head back and forth to see out of side mirrors; manual labor, digging materials from bed, and if required, assisting crews with general labor work, i.e. shoveling, etc.
- Adheres to all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, including but not limited to the safety manual, the employee handbook, and the fleet safety manual.
- Answers directly to the Supervisor.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, bend and twist at waist, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and the ability to recognize the colors of traffic signals and devices showing standard red, green and amber.
- Previous experience working with road construction in high traffic areas preferred.
- Must maintain a valid CDL License.
- Must adhere to company policy to receive a current Medical Examiner's Certificate.
- Minimum of 3 years truck driving experience.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as necessary.
As a Warren Paving, Inc. employee, you will have access to our competitive company perks, including:
- Group insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Company paid life insurance, disability insurance, and more.
- Retirement 401K account
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation – 2 weeks after 12 months continuous service (pro-rated for 1st year)
An Equal Opportunity Employer seeking candidates without regard to age, race, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.